Doing small tasks can seem like a never-ending cycle of mundane, unimportant tasks. While these tasks may be necessary and even important, they are rarely exciting or inspiring. That’s why it’s important to have a big idea for doing small tasks: to make them more meaningful and enjoyable.
In this article, we will discuss ways that you can use your big idea to help you tackle everyday tasks more effectively and efficiently.
Use Break-Away Sessions
If you’re looking for a big idea to help with small tasks, break-away sessions could be the answer. Break-away sessions are short bursts of focused work that allow you to get through small tasks in a fraction of the time. These efficient mini-sessions have been used by successful entrepreneurs and professionals around the world and could revolutionize how you approach your day-to-day tasks.
The beauty of break-away sessions is that they can be done anywhere, anytime. You don’t need an office or setup — all it takes is 10 minutes and a mental commitment to focus on the task at hand, without any distractions or interruptions. During this time, you’ll want to hyperfocus on your task and nothing else; no phones, emails, or social media allowed!
A BIG IDEA FOR DOING SMALL TASKS
You have small tasks that demand a little of your attention
- Reading and responding to an email that you just received
- Ordering a part for your stove
- Checking out any updates on your favorite social media sites
Why do you tend to handle small tasks whenever
- When you have no process or system for taking care of small tasks, it’s easy to allow them to disrupt your day whenever they pop into your life, for fear you’ll forget them or miss something important
The problem of doing small tasks whenever
- The small task usually don’t require a lot of time, but doing them whenever destroys any focus and momentum you have for what you’re currently doing
The solution: Break Away Sessions
- A Break Away Session is a block of time (5, 10, 20 minutes) that you set aside to handle all the small tasks you need to do so that they don’t disrupt getting real work done
Why does Break Away Sessions rock?
- Because you have a specific time to deal with small tasks…
- The less they sit in the corner of your mind, constantly poking you for attention
- The less you’ll feel tempted to allow them to disrupt your focus and energy at random times throughout your day.
- Disable every single notification gizmo on your computer – turn them off!
- Every day, schedule two – 5, 10, and 20-minute sessions… one in the morning, and another in the afternoon – where you do nothing but check and answer email, make phone calls, check the news, read your favorite blogs, check Twitter or do any searches you’ve been thinking about doing
Remember, that when you’re tempted to interrupt your focus to do something minor, like check your email (so that you don’t miss some incoming message), you now have time set aside to take care of it and let the temptation go
In conclusion, small tasks can easily be overlooked and forgotten. They can seem insignificant and not worth the effort, however, accomplishing them brings a sense of accomplishment and progress that is hugely rewarding.
Taking the time to plan out how to tackle small tasks can provide a big boost in productivity and help us reach our goals faster. The idea of breaking down small tasks into manageable chunks and taking them one at a time gives us the focus and motivation we need to get things done. So why not give it a try?